Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemaking Love...

Here are the recipes I will be attempting for this month. :)
Fresh Basil Pesto
I'm making chicken pesto lasagna, with the pesto from scratch. I've made lasagna before, but the pesto will be an adventure for me! Here's the recipe I will use. Looking forward to THAT! (Even though I'm sure everybody on the face of the planet has made pesto before, but still!!)

And for my dessert recipe, I'm thinking either a Berry Cobbler, or Berry Cheesecake (I got a big bag of berries from Costco that I'd like to use up to keep the grocery budget down. Not very exotic, but it will still expand my repitoire a little). Though this recipe uses a shortbread crust, which would be new for me, but the only new ingredient that I don't have in my cupboard is cornstarch, so it's budget friendly!! We shall see how it goes, but it looks good, no?? If you want to try it to, here's a link to the recipe for that!!

 

 Also, lastly, I made my own homemade laundry detergent this week and I LOOOVEEE it. I was super skeptical at first. But it seems to work just as well as any other detergent I've ever used, and it is a PENNY a load (!!!)

Happy Homemaking! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment