Monday, January 30, 2012

January in review

Whoa. January went by fast. Like, so fast. We celebrated Ryan's 24th, we had 2 (!) fertility appointments, and we were just all-around awesome.

My goals for January were pretty simple, so I'll keep summing them up simple.

1. Try a new dinner recipe: gross
2. Try a new dessert recipe: delicious
3. Stick to a set cleaning schedule: alllmmoossttt
4. Obey "15" minute rule: hardly
5. Stick to a grocery budget: $40 grocery/ $15 stockpile: excessive
6. Pay $200 worth of debt.: success

The dinner recipe did NOT go over well. But that's okay. Live, learn, don't use recipes with not enough cheese. Life's all about balance.

The dessert was AMAZING. I think I'll eat it all by myself.

The set cleaning schedule was good in theory, tough in practice. I stuck with it pretty well, but also let it slide towards the end.

"15 minute rule" came in handy before bed. Sucked rocks when I tried it after work-- my feet get so tired from standing on them for 8+ hours!

Groceries were in abundance, so I ended up cutting it down to $20 and $20, which was perfect, so that will be next month's goal.

Debt pay down went well- and it increases drastically next month. Weeee!

FEBRUARY TIME!!!

1. Read all of Psalms (6 a day, 5 days a week should do it)
2. Grocery Budget: $20 grocery/ $20 stockpile
3. Pay down $700 (!) in debt ($85 a week--Crazy. So crazy. But it CAN be done!!)
4. Eat breakfast everyday
5. Work out after practice on Mondays and Fridays (gotta start somewhere, people!)

Weird that there's less homemaking stuff. I think it's because I ended up doing way more than what my goals were last month (i.e., I made about 4 new recipes, so it doesn't need to be a hard and fast goal, just an inkling and apparently I'll get it done!)

Wish me luck! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment