Saturday, December 31, 2011

Project 2012- Totally Rad.

I dislike everything about New Years.

I don't like to stay up late. I don't like to drink a lot at parties (who am I kidding. I don't go to parties). And I usually end up picking a resolution that only makes me feel bad about myself in the long run. All that being said, it usually ends up being my least favorite holiday. One in which I get into my pajamas around 7pm, and fall asleep on the couch trying to stay awake until midnight. Then Ryan wakes me up, laughing, because he finds my overly tiredness HILARIOUS and we go to bed around 11:40. Happy New Year.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR!

Without trying to add too much pressure to it, I've decided that 2012 is going to be absolutely rad. I am going to embrace the fact that I am NOT a night owl, and I will gladly go to bed after celebrating East Coast New Years at 9pm my time. And that will be the start of a good year. One in which I am productive, but not overwhelmed or uptight. One in which I have fun with my husband and spend time doing things that I want to do. One in which we will, hopefully, become a family of three. Or at least find out we will be one shortly. ;) Because when I really think about it... we've got pretty much everything we need in place to have an awesome year. I'm done with school. We both have jobs we like. We have pets we adore, we have a nice house that we love, and we have more time together than we've ever had before. Perfecto, no??

However, I decided I didn't want to entirely skip out on doing the whole Resolution thing, so I decided that my resolution was to be Monthly Goal Making. Each month I will sit down and write a handful (no more than 6, no less than 3) of attainable goals that I feel will help Project 2012- Totally Rad. Since my life focuses right now have been on Financial Independence and being a good homemaker, they mostly revolve around those things. And that's just the way I want it. :) So, here goes!

January Goals

1. Try one new dinner recipe.
2. Try one new baking/dessert recipe
3. Stick to a set cleaning schedule (I feel like this is going to be the toughie)
       Sun- Bedroom
            Tues- Bathroom
            Thurs- Kitchen
             Fri- Laundry
            Sat- Floors and kitchen
4. Obey "15 minute rule" as often as possible- this is where you set a timer right when you get home and work for 15 minutes to do whatever it is you gotta do to make the rest of the day easier. I usually end up using it to throw a load of laundry in, pick up random stuff around the house, change the toliet paper roll... whatever. It's super helpful and you can do almost anything for 15 mins, right?
5. Pay $200 towards debt
6.Stick to $40/ week grocery budget, with a $15/ week stockpile budget


I'm excited to see how these go! The thing that is nice for me is that if something falls a little, or it's not working out, I only have to scrap it until the next month, when I can make completely different goals or change one to make it work for me! And if I screw up completely, I get a fresh start in just a few weeks! Easy, peasy! So, what I want to know is who wants to make some monthly goals with me?? And what are your resolutions? Let's hear 'em!





No comments:

Post a Comment