Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bucket List

While we are on a 'Baby Break' (as we're calling it) our counselor suggested making a Bucket List* of all the things we want to accomplish before kiddos come (or dont come. Or whatever. This stage in my life has very confusing phrasings.)
The List should consist of all types of things. Places we want to travel. Things we want to buy. Things we want to get done. Little things. Big things. Its basically our time to be selfish and experience life. I read once that your 20s are supposed to be your selfish time in life and I found that apalling. Now, I kind of like that idea. I need to remember that 24 is not middle aged. Sure, I have a husband, and mortgage, and a college degree... But that only makes me AHEAD of the Game. Right?! Just because I have those things accomplished doesn't mean I need to propel myself into total Grown Up status. I CAN give myself permission to be a little irresonsible and silly and adventurous.
So without furthur ado... Our List.
Which I fully expect to evolve over time. And these are in no particular order.
1.Go camping in the Redwoods
2. Spend and entire Saturday in bed watching movies
3. Buy iphones and a new computer
4. Go to Disneyland
5. Go out to a WHOLE dinner (Drinks, appetizers, dessert- we never do this!)
6. Buy a bigger TV (this is Ryans. Haha.)
7. Go ziplining
8. Pay off the house (hahahaha! We gotta dream, right??)
9. Drive up to the mountain and stargaze
10. Go to a Ducks game together
11. Dollar store junk food night (we used to do this when we were dating. Ahh the metabolisim of 18 year olds!) 
12. Visit Yosemite and hike the falls
13. Force Ryan to fall in love with Seattle so we can move there (Sooo not happening) ;)
I fully dont expect all of these to happen. And I hope no one things we're shallow or anything. It's just time for a little FUN!
*I really tried to pull out a pun for this bad boy but the only thing I could come up with was calling it a 'Diaper Pail List' which Ryan totally vetoed. Shucks.

1 comment:

  1. "I need to remember that 24 is not middle aged. Sure, I have a husband, and mortgage, and a college degree... But that only makes me AHEAD of the Game." -- EXACTLY!! I ended up not having Stella until a month before my 30th birthday, and honestly, I had a LOT of fun in my 20s, and my husband and I got to spend a lot of time just being a COUPLE and doing things together. I think this is a great way to look at things while you figure out what direction you want to go in your TTC journey down the road.

    ReplyDelete