Friday, March 9, 2012

Ahhh, it's March!!

Oh man! March snuck the heck up on me! I'm a few days late on my goal review, so bare with me :)



My February goals were:

1. Read all of Psalms: DONE!
2. Grocery Budget: $20 grocery/ $20 stockpile Yup!
3. Pay down $700 in debt: try DOUBLE that! Go Team Riesner!! Whoop!
4. Eat breakfast everyday: Pretty good. Fudged a few days when I was running late to work
5. Work out after practice on Mondays and Fridays: Oh my gosh. NO! Went once. Blugh.


I was really, really proud of our debt pay down this month! We worked soo hard. I was exhausted and we hardly saw each other (which is sad) but it was worth it to get a great boost of motivation! We've knocked out 2 or 3 months ahead of schedule which makes me so pleased. I promised myself to slow down a bit this month and be realistic in that we may not necessarily be able to keep that rate up. Maturity, people. Maturity. Which brings me to...


March (On) Goals

1. Read coaches manual/ take test for re-certification
2. Finish painting chalkboard end table (started this forever ago!)
3. Read all of Proverbs
4. Pay down $550 in debt (adjusting it a bit still)
5. Eat breakfast everyday
6. Train for Pear Blossom in April (goal of 10 miles/ week with a 3 mile flexibility)

Grocery budgeting is getting to the point where it's second nature, so I'm removing that from my stated "goals." And Ryan and I are really concentrating on tithing properly, which is a challenge while we're paying down so much, but we know that the blessings will be bountiful. God is so good, isn't he? :)

I'm giving myself so grace on the Pear Blossom training. If I can run a half marathon pretty easily I know I can kick it into gear for a 10mi. I'll be sore, sure. But I'm not looking to place or anything here. And the savings goals take precedence and since I work so many hours (110 in 2 weeks-yikes!) I feel like I should listen to my body and rest when I need to. (Geez- cop out much?!?!) Plus this morning I woke up with excruciating pain in my knee for no good reason. It has ice on it currently, but hopefully it goes away soon!!

We planned a little 'splurge' mini getaway for a weekend in March after working so hard and not seeing each other. Really looking forward to hanging out with my favorite person!! :) Happy March, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I don't think it would be appropriate to take me on your getaway. After what you told me earlier. So, you will have to make due with your 2nd favorite person. Just sayin' ;)

    Proud of your attitude!

    ReplyDelete