Firstly, I LOVE acupuncture. Let me say first and foremost that the needles are literally NOTHING. You seriously don't even feel them. I had my second appointment today and it's official that I am a wee bit obsessed. I feel sooo good afterwards. And during, now that I think about it. For those of you who haven't done it before, it's kind of hard to describe, and I suppose it differs from person to person, but your whole body gets this warm whooshing/tingly feeling goin on and I have dozed off both times. And that's saying a lot because I do not fall asleep anywhere other than my house. I'm too high strung for that. Unless, of course I'm in a bar in Queens... with (loud) live music playing. Funny and true story. You can ask my sis.
Secondly, I've come to the realization that I need to be more grown up in my cooking adventures. Ryan and I got married pretty young (19) and I've been a college student for most of our marriage. I've kind of used those two factors as an excuse to not be creative in the kitchen. I make mostly the same things over and over. And I need to branch out a bit. It doesn't help that Ryan has either an aversion or an allergy to almost all things healthy. :/ But if anyone has some good reciepes that are easy to make but don't include my staple ingredients of Alfredo sauce or sausage, please share!!
Here's a silly lil pic of us because I realized I didn't post one on my first blog. :)
Third, (and most exciting!) is the fact that we will be on the plane to Hawaii in just 8 (hopefully) short days. Kuaui for 5 days sounds like just the thing we both need right now. I am sooo looking forward to just laying on the beach with my love. I've been working out really hard (before I hurt my back, anyway) and eating fairly healthy. So I'm ready for the bikini and shorts! BRING IT. It seriously can't come soon enough.

Here's a pic of our hotel's pool, with Kalapaki beach just on the other side of it. Alohhhaaa, paradise.

So, I had written a rather lengthy comment [here] and it wouldn't let me post. here's to a second effort!
ReplyDeleteIf you let me know what allergies ryan has i can try to help with recipes... ;)
also, thank you for alleviating my fear of acupuncture. I've been terrified! I should like to try it. My body hurts far too often!
Also, Hawaii... it. sounds. and. looks. AMAZING!
So good to read your blog,, I await more :)
I started a new one today, have been working on the one since 9 am... it's intense. ;)
keep writing!