Ryan and I went on a gorgeous hike on one of the days it was 75+ degrees.
The doggies and I had so much fun! They're the best little trail dogs. They don't run ahead too far and know to go off of the trail to do their business. And really, what more could a girl ask for than a dog who knows where to do its dog stuff? Right?
Anyhow, here's my goal review for the month!
April Goals:
1. Pay down $550 in debt. We're getting so close to the next level. yup.
2. No buy month!!! Essentials only. Food, gas, and regular bills. Really, really well!
3. Throw my sister an awesome baby shower. Yes!! Awesome.
4. Go on 1 walk a week with Ryan + dogs. Pretty good.
5. Go paperless on all my reoccurring bill statements. Meh. Got through one bill then got a headache.
The Pear Blossom was rough. But I finished, and was pretty proud of my time! A co-worker and I did it together with the goal of a 10minute/mile and no walking. And we did it! Finished the 10 miles in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Although I wanted to trip her for not letting me walk (ha! I kid.) I was really happy she was there to hold me to it. Because, lets face it, I'm kind of a slacker. ;) Other than that exercise goal, Ryan and I did McAndrews (a brutal, butt busting hill here) and a hike. So all in all, not as bad as past months. The nice weather helps for sure!
Carlie's baby shower was so fun! I'll post pictures soon.
The "no buy" thing went through a few phases. It started out really tough. Then about half way through the month it started to feel totally normal, like I would never have to buy anything ever again. Then the last few days I was literally ITCHING to spend money. haha. So strange. But I'm glad we did it, because I learned a lot. What we can do without. What can be made from a little effort. And how sometimes the anticipation is everything. (This was especially true for buying our little baby chicks.)
May Goals:
1. Pay down $500 in debt. (I'm starting to feel like the Little Engine that Could. I think I can. I think I can.)
2. Finish paperless bills.
3. Read all of Luke. (My bible reading has been not so good since it wasn't a goal last month. Oops!)
4. Plant garden + move chickies outside.
5. McAndrews or one other walk/ week.
Happy May!

This post is inspiring to me. I need to do one of my one next month I think...
ReplyDelete