March marks two years since we decided to go off birth control. We decided in March, went off in April due to where I was at in the pack. Crappiest two years ever.
I could wallow, cry, and torture myself looking at nursery decoration ideas on pinterest, and eat a giant tub of ice cream (who am I kidding-- ice cream is not in the grocery budget!)
OR...
I can make a completely cliche list of things I've learned in the last two years.
Yeah, let's go with that one. Cliches. This is your warning.
1. I'm stronger than I thought I was.
2. My husband is more amazing than I thought he was. (I mean, I sorta already knew...)
3. I love babies. A lot.
4. Cool kids go to therapy and spend a lot of money telling their problems to a stranger. And it helps, somehow.
5. God gives us more than we can handle. Lucky for us, there is nothing HE can't handle.
6. I love alone time with Ryan.
7. I want to travel. But I'm scared of traveling instead of having a baby. As if the two are mutually exclusive.
8. I think somehow God is using infertility to morph me into the person I'm supposed to be when I'm a mother. Tricky one, He is.
I'm sure there are more. But please don't remind me of them. Ok. Ice Cream time.
Maybe you just need to relax, take a vacation, and you'll get pregnant?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm absolutely just kidding about that, but seriously, don't give up traveling and the happiness that comes with that part of the enjoyment of life. Just like others getting BFPs isn't the reason for you waiting a little longer for yours - the same rule works for travel....PLUS, during travel, you're more likely to be enjoying the sex that might make baby. Bonus! Bonus!