Tuesday, February 21, 2012

9 reasons I'm a little hippie.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a hippie. Somehow, this mostly happened AFTER college. Don't know how THAT happened. Here's a few reasons I've decided this matter.

essential oils
http://simplemom.net/oil-cleansing-method/

9 Reasons I'm a lil crunchy:

1. I wash my face with oil. Yes, you read that right, and it's amazing.

2. If people didn't have such a strong aversion to it I would completely douse myself in patchouli--yes, NG, I'm partly talkin to you ;)

3. I bring my lunch to work in glass jars and canvas bags instead of plastic tupperware or ziploc. Mostly thanks to my MIL.

4. Both of my dogs are from shelters. I'm not opposed to buying a 'designer' dog. They're adorable. I just have a bleeding heart when it comes to stray, underfed pups.

5. I <3 recycling.

6. I drink more tea than should be legal. Rooibos is my fave. Mate is a close runner up.

7. I'm buying a CSA(Community Supported Agriculture) share for the first time this year, and I'm really excited!

8. I love living in the PNW. :) Not really hippie. But kinda hipster.

9. I read about a bazillion simple life/green living/ frugality/ "homestead" blogs.


Maybe all of these things alone does not a hippie make. But I'm content in learning and growing and finding new ways to do things I used to give little or no thought to. If that makes me a hippie, then so be it. But I'll keep using my razor if that's cool with you. ;)

4 comments:

  1. See - you're a perfect fit for Portland! And wahoo on the CSA! That's awesome! You do have a ginormous area for a garden though. I'm jealous. But way to support local produce. Maybe I just need to come down and plant all your veggies for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm a black thumb. My goal for this year is just one potted tomato plant and one zuke. To supplement the CSA share cause we're going for a 'mini' one as kind of a trial run. Bit I need lots of 'maters cause I want to make pasta and enchilada sauce to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I tried the oil cleansing method and I LOVE IT!!! Cheyenne! I've only been doing it for the past week and my skin already looks SO MUCH BETTER!!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it! I feel like I should warn you that I got a pretty hardcore breakout in the 2nd week. I researched it a little online and apparebnly thats normal cause your skin is still adjusting its oil balance. So if that happens to you too, just stick with it and dont freak. :) what types of oil are you using?

      Delete