Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ohhhhh Looovee.

So, my husband can be the funniest person ever. The problem is, he's super quiet. Not in a shy kind of way, just in the kind of way where he'd rather hear someone else talk than himself. It's a quality I admire and I try and remind myself everyday to be more like him in that way.

I once asked him why he's so quiet and his response was "I just feel like someone else has something better to say than I do."

Lord, thank you for a husband who teaches me something every day.

SO when he DOES talk it's usually well thought out and sweet, or extremely hilarious. Last night he was hilarious. At least, I think so. ;)

We were both having kind of a weird day- I was 'baby sad' as I call it to Ryan, and he had just come home from working at the funeral of a 9 year old little boy who was much loved in our community, but had recently died of cancer.
So anyways, we decided to take the dogs and walk around Ashland. Ashland has a much better (and more exciting) 'nightlife' than Meddy does, and we hadn't done that before.

(I'm worrying at this point that I'm giving too much lead-in to such a small story... but it feels good, so stay with me).

So we had our two pups with us. Penny, who is a little bit of a freak... she jumps around everywhere, always has to be ontop of Colby and also has a very unfortunate bowel control problem so much so that we have to keep her crated at night because otherwise she poops everywhere (gross, I know. Sorry). And Colby, who's more mellow, but really athletic, and super cute.

So I ask Ryan (because we're nerds, and don't have children so we talk about this kind of stuff): "Do you think our dogs are like us? Like, I'm super excitable like Penny and you're more mellow like Colby?"
 And without missing a beat he says "Yeah, and you keep pooping everywhere, too"

I don't know why but it hit me as the funniest thing anyone had ever said to me, and I was doubled over  on the sidewalk in Ashland laughing at my husband quick (if a little gross) wit.

And just like that, my day was better. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment