Monday, August 6, 2012

August Goals

July. Anniversary Month. Middle of Summer. All around crazy.

July Goals

1. Make a homemaker binder. Plus write a post about it.

Made it. Love it. Havent written a post yet because I cant find my camera anywhere... But heres a low-down on the categories: budget, recipes, contacts, reference, a section for business cards, and an adoption section. All in a 3 ring binder with lots of sheet protectors and other dorky things. ;)

2. Finish paying off credit cards.

Yaaaayyyyyyy!!

3. Read some scripture 4 days a week.
Did better towards the end than I did at the beginning. Still needs some work. But don't we all need some work?! Ha!

4. Take DHS Foster/Adoption class.

Yep!

5. Paint cubby box for bedroom.

Almost. All sanded down and ready to paint (by my husband, who I sweet-talked into doing it for me-ha!)

The adoption/foster meeting was depressing/interesting/encouraging. I have a feeling thats how the whole process is gonna go. Oy. We meet with our social worker for the first time on the 22nd!!

August Goals

1. Listen to audio bible/devotions while I get ready in the morning (as my sweet co-worker called it 'getting beautiful on the outside AND the inside.' Love it.)

2. Start paying off cars. Our next step in the debt-reduction adventure. We realize not the smartest mathmatically, but we're going at this Dave Ramsey-style. Love Dave. 

3. Meet with Debra The Social Worker. Cross our fingers she likes us. Haha. Im half kidding.

4. Start training for Half Marathon in September. No serious game plan. Just run when I can. No stress. Have fun with it.

Thats all! Keeping it kinda light this month. We're on a break from swim practice and I just want to soak up summer and relax!!

Happy August!!



No comments:

Post a Comment