Sunday, May 15, 2011

Here goes!

I'm a first time blogger. Until now, my random musings have been read only be those on my Facebook friends lists (those poor souls).

Some background info on me: I recently graduated college with a double major in Sociology and Health and PE. To answer the two questions that people always ask me first: No, I don't want to teach "with those degrees" and yes, I DO think I'll be able to get a job someday. Thanks for asking.

I've been married to the most amazing man, Ryan, for almost four years. He is 100% the best person I've ever met. We have two pups, Colby and Penny. We got them both from shelters about 3 years apart. Talking about them and watching them do hilarious things is Ryan and I's favorite.

The cuddle like mad. I came out to the kitchen the other night and they were literally spooning.

I love puns. Like, LOVE puns. Sometimes I love them so much I will try to tell someone a joke and I can't get it out because I'm laughing too hard.
i.e.; (My current favorite): Q: What a cannibal's favorite game?
A: Swallow the leader
...
Bad, right?

I watch A LOT of TV. And you would think that being educated and wanting to be in the Public Health realm would deter me from that kind of sedentary behavior. You'd think that. But you'd be wrong. My favorite thing ever is to rent a bunch of TV on DVD from Netflix and get suuupperr addicted to a series and do nothing but lay in bed and watch it. I've lost many a productive hour spent instead on The OC or Gilmore Girls or Lost. My recent obsession is Chuck. Apparently I have a "thing" for Josh Schwartz.

I have the slightest touch of OCD. But it's very specific OCD.

I am highly insecure, and it compels me to mask my insecurity with a mildly cynical sense of humor. But I kind of like it that way.

I'm a swim coach! I love it. But I don't love working with teenage boys. But that's a story for another day. :)

To finish it off, here's some pics from my recent trip to NYC with my fabulous, fun, and amazingly crafty sister, Carlie.

 I'll post more NYC pics later. Internet is being super slow. Other pics, too. I'm not much of a photographer, so we'll see what I can scrounge up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment